Sr. Infrastructure Network Security Engineer
- New Jersey
- Contract to Hire
Intuitive technology Partners is looking to hire an experienced Sr. Infrastructure Network Security Engineer. We are primarily looking for a person who has the right mindset to be a part of an elite team of solution architects focused on making our customers successful.
Job Title: Sr. Infrastructure Network Security Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: RTH/Full Time
Location: Morristown, NJ (Hybrid)
Time-zone: Eastern Standard Time
We are seeking a talented Sr. Infrastructure Network Security Engineer to design, implement, and maintain the security of our company’s infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Palo Alto and Cisco ASA security technologies, as well as experience with cloud-based network security technologies. The individual in this role will be responsible for identifying and mitigating potential security risks, developing security policies and procedures, and implementing security measures to protect the company’s information assets.
• Manage and maintain the Palo Alto and Cisco ASA security infrastructure, including firewall policies, VPNs, and security rules.
• Conduct regular security assessments of the company’s infrastructure and identify vulnerabilities and risks.
• Develop and implement security policies and procedures to safeguard the company’s information assets.
• Monitor security systems and networks for suspicious activity and respond to security incidents as necessary.
• Collaborate with other teams to design and implement security controls for new infrastructure projects.
• Stay up to date with emerging security threats and trends, and make recommendations for improvements to existing security measures.
• Conduct regular security training and awareness sessions for employees to ensure they are aware of security best practices and policies.
• Maintain documentation of security controls, policies, and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related field.
• 7+ years of experience in infrastructure security, preferably in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA security technologies.
• Strong understanding of networking and security technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and VPNs.
• Experience with cloud-based network security technologies such as AWS Security & Azure Security Center.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to think creatively to identify security risks and solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to clearly explain security concepts and risks to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Relevant security certifications such as CCIE or CCNP Security, PCNSA or PCNSE and AWS Certified Security – Specialty.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with threat modeling and risk assessment methodologies.
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements such as HIPAA, and GDPR.
• Experience with network traffic analysis tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump.
• Experience with network access control solutions such as Cisco ISE
• Experience with scripting or programming languages such as Python or PowerShell.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong commitment to continuous learning and professional development.